Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where We Belong by Emily Giffin - a book review

I picked this up the other day from the library's "best bets" section. I burned through it in 1.5 days which is quite a feat considering I have a full time job and 2 kids to entertain at night.

The book is about the ripple effect of 1 secret/lie, how it affects all parties involved and the reconciliation process of undoing the secret/lie.

I really enjoyed this book as it caused me to think about my own family secret which started almost 30 years ago and remains a secret to some to this day. It made me think of what would happen if/ when this secret gets exposed in the open. What will happen to each person affected? How will everyone react to it? When and under what circumstances would this occur?

Don't worry, even if you don't have a deep dark family secret, this is still a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment