Sunday, April 10, 2011
Asian Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken
Spaghetti - 1 bag (900g)
Red bell peppers, sliced into strips - 2
Sugar snap peas, trimmed - 3 cups
Chicken breasts - 4
Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
Fish sauce - 2 tbsp
Oyster sauce - 2 tbsp
Hoisin sauce - 2 tbsp
Rice vinegar - 2 tbsp
Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
1. Grill the chicken breasts and let cool for 10 minutes, then slice.
2. Blanch the sugar snap peas for 1 minute in boiling water and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
3. Boil the pasta for 10 min (or until al dente) and drain.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients together and toss into the pasta. Do a taste test and adjust the seasoning as needed.
5. Chill in the fridge overnight or at least for 4 hours.
6. Do another taste test and adjust the seasoning as needed before serving.