I love this dessert. I'm trying to improve on this recipe each time I make it.
- rock sugar (size of a golf ball)
- ginger, crushed with a cleaver (size of a golf ball)
- 400mL of water
- 1 tsp custard powder (optional)
- 3 eggs
- boil the ginger and rock sugar in 400mL of water. Let cool for 10 minutes and strain out the ginger.
- Stir custard powder into the sugar water to make it look more yellow.
- beat the 3 eggs and mix into the cooled rock sugar mixture
- strain the mixture into 2 bowls
- put plastic wrap on the bowls ensuring that the plastic wrap doesn't touch the mixture. poke a few holes into the plastic wrap to let the steam out
- put the bowls into a steamer and turn the steamer on
- steam for 20 minutes
- eat while it's hot!
Makes 2 servings