Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Trick or Treating!"

I took my son trick or treating for the first time last night.  In previous years, we have always been busy with organizing the Halloween alternative program at church so we never have been able to go.  Last night, my husband handed out packages of candy + gospel tracts to trick-or-treaters while I took my son (dressed up as a pirate) and daughter (as a fairy) around our block.  The tracts are my way of justifying our participation in this pagan festival, but I digress.

At the first few doors, instead of ringing the doorbell and saying "trick or treat!", my son rang the door bell and said "trick or treating!".  I had to correct him a few times before he got it right.  That was kind of funny.  It reminded me of how much I have to teach him as he encounters new situations as he grows up.

Even though only about half of the houses on our street gave out candy, we came home with a bag full of loot.  Now I don't know what to do with all the candy because I don't want my son to eat it and I don't want to eat it either.  I wonder if we can save it for next year's Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment