Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Do you hide from your kids?

Just read about another mom's confession about waiting until the kids go to bed before popping popcorn so she doesn't have to share. Made me laugh because the other night, after dinner, the kids were in the living room playing, I secretly went to the kitchen and ate a dessert in a dark dining room. I didn't want to turn on the lights because I didn't want to have to share with my kids. Is that bad?

Turns out it worked because as I was eating in the dark, my daughter came looking for me but she didn't bother to check in the kitchen/dining room. She went straight upstairs assuming I was in my bedroom. As she called "Mommy? Mommy?", all I could think of was finishing my dessert as fast as I can so that I wouldn't have to share with her.

My husband eventually came into the dark kitchen and found me finishing the last bite of my dessert. I explained that I didn't want to share with the kids. He thinks I have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness....I thought I was the only one! One time, I hurriedly ate a cupcake (while the kids were playing in the family room) and when my son called me out, he looks at me, and says "mom, why are there all these sprinkles on your face?"
    CAUGHT RED-HANDED!!!!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete