Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

3rd trimester

Wow, I can't believe I'm heading into the 3rd trimester already. This pregnancy has gone by so quickly. If I delivery 3 weeks early again this time, I only have 2 more months left!

The baby is moving a lot - to the point where it can get distracting when I'm at work. I love putting my husband's hand on my tummy when she's moving so he can feel her movements. He prays for her as part of the family which I think is so sweet.

I've gained 20lbs so far (@ 27 weeks) so it's a bit on the high side but with my son, I gained over 40lbs - I lost track after 40lbs - so I guess I'm on track. A coworker of mine only gained 13lbs for her entire pregnancy, I'm so jealous.

I'm starting to get anxious about the birth. From what I hear, labour and delivery is much faster the 2nd time around. Based on my friends' experiences, most people's 2nd baby is delivered in half the time vs. their first. If that's the case for me, I will have a 7-hour labour and delivery this time. I want to try not getting an epidural. Seems like recovery is a lot better without it but I'll probably cave once the pain gets too bad. The best is if the labour is progressing so fast that there's no time for the epidural, then I don't have to make the decision. I guess I'll just play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment