Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Living vicariously ...through your child

I think generations of parents have tried to live vicariously through their kids. For example, my parents forced me to take piano lessons because they never had that opportunity. Now that I am a parent, I think about how my son is going to be a great jock, how he is going to be able to sing and play multiple instruments, and be the most popular kid at school. That pretty much sums up the complete opposite of my childhood.

Who knows, he may very well end up being a nerd that can't throw or catch a ball. Or worse, he may end up hanging out with the wrong group of friends and get into all kinds of trouble. At the end of the day, I guess we really don't have any control how our kids turn out. Thank God for His protection, grace and mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment