Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Amazing cottage weekend

We just came back from a 4-day long weekend in Muskoka.  This was the first time that we vacationed with my in-laws and it turned out to be a fantastic weekend.

Two weeks ago, my father-in-law said he wanted to go somewhere for Canada Day long weekend but hadn't booked anything so my husband asked me to book something.  I was doubtful that I would be able to find something for the 7 of us but I ended up stumbling upon a 3-bedroom chalet that ended up to be perfect.  The place was called Lakeshore Marina & Chalet.  There was something for all of us to do.  My father-in-law went fishing (we even ate a few fish that he caught!), my mother-in-law enjoyed sitting by the lake and didn't have to cook, my sister-in-law got to paddle boat and kayak and play with the kids, my husband and I got to swim together (we got pulled over by OPP when we were kayaking because I didn't have a life jacket and we saw a huge sea turtle like the ones we saw at Seaworld), my son got to play in the sandy bottom lake, and my daughter... well, she just needs to eat and sleep.

The best part was that we went as a family.  We didn't have to ask for permission.  We didn't have to find coverage.  We just went.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment